19/01/2012

DIY Angpau Lantern

Chinese New Year is coming! I couldn't resist the urge to make some decorations for my house. Following instructions from book, I've made two lanterns using angpaus and self-made paper flowers.

This lantern is very big. I used 30 angpaus to make this, and folded about 20 paper flowers to put in the gaps. I'm going to hang this in the centre of the living room. It's quite easy to make, but time consuming. Most of the time i'm making the flowers.



This one is quite similar to the previous. Only 5 angpaus needed to make a small lantern. 


Close up
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! May good luck always with you!

2 comments:

  1. That's so nice!!! I envy your skills! =)
    Happy chinese new year!!! GONG XI FA CAI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy Chinese New Year to you too! 心想事成啊!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails